Fall in a bowl for a wholesome, healthy family dinner.
1 cup quinoa
1.5 cups vegetable broth
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved and ends sliced off
1 large golden beet, peeled and sliced into 1-inch cubes
1 white/yellow onion, peeled and sliced
1 butternut squash, halved with seeds scooped out
2 cups arugula
4 cloves garlic
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ cup tahini
1 teaspoon fine kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon honey
6 Tbsp. water
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Place Brussels, beets, and onion onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Place butternut squash halves face down on another baking sheet lined with parchment
4. Place baking sheets in the oven for 30-45 minutes and bake vegetables until soft enough to allow a fork to easily pass through
5. Meanwhile, mix quinoa and vegetable broth in a saucepan, bring to boil, and then simmer for 15 minutes until quinoa is soft and has absorbed all broth. Fluff with fork.
6. Once vegetables are roasted, divide them into 4 servings. Divide quinoa and chickpeas into 4 equal servings and combine vegetables, quinoa, and chickpeas together into a bowl. Top with fresh arugula.
7. To make the tahini dressing, combine all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Drizzle over bowls. If not serving immediately, store tahini drizzle in a separate container in the fridge and pour over once ready to eat
Sourced from @shelbyhamiliton.